19 May A global culture to fight extremism
Posted at 06:56h in Intercultural Communication|English Class Resources>Listening (intermediate/upper-intermediate/advanced)|Material To Think About... 0 Comments
I think this talk can help us understand, reflect upon and make sense of ISIS, the jihadist movement which has occupied part of Syria and Irak.
Here are some questions that you can answer after you watch the presentation (click here to watch it):
1) What is the new age we’re moving into?
2) Why are extremist organizations benefiting from this new age?
3) What is Maajid Nawaz’ personal story? What has he witnessed? What is his story evidence to?
4) What have extremist groups become? What type of phenomenon are they?
5) What is a national movement comprised of?
6) Why are democracy aspirants falling behind?
7) What should be done to help democracy succeed in those regions?