17 Jun Censorship (intermediate and above)
- What examples of censorship can you name? Is it something common in your country? What do you know about censorship in Spain?
2. Read the article and summarise it. Then answer the following questions:
- What type of censorship was there in Spain during Franco’s dictatorship?
- Can this be compared to any other country?
- Would you like to read the book? Why/why not?
3. The following are some questions that could prompt a class discussion about censorship:
- Is censorship a good thing? What are its advantages and/or disadvantages?
- Should there be control or regulation over the media? If so, what type of regulation/control should there be?
- Is it more important to control violent or sexual scenes?
- Should video games also be censored? Why or why not?
- Should there be more or less censorship?
- Do you think that censorship helps to prevent violence and crimes? Is it effective?