18 Mar Crime and punishment (upper-intermediate)
1) Test you knowledge on crimes and criminals with this exercise.
2) Now check the vocabulary that is needed to talk about this topic.
3) Let’s practise by reading this article from the Guardian. Answer the following questions:
– What was Travis accused of?
– What was the verdict?
– Why did Travis say he wasn’t delighted at all?
– Which two trials did he have to face (according to Travis)?
– Do you know many other similar cases to this one?
Now, write a short summary of the article and prepare a short speech giving your opinion on the matter.
4) Finally, let’s have some fun with this famous crimes quiz.