06 Apr Family (intermediate and above)
- Choose 5 questions from the ones below for a class discussion:
- What are the advantages of having brothers or sisters vs being an only child?
- At what age should children leave their family of origin? Why?
- What’s your opinion about single parenting?
- How often do you meet with the rest of your extended family? When?
- Is same-sex marriage allowed in your country? What do you think about it?
- What’s the family’s role in your culture?
- How should parents educate their children? What should be the most important thing?
- Are the relationships with the rest of your family members important in your personal development? Why?/why not?
- What will be the family structure in the future?
- What is the right age to have children?
- Is there pressure for reproduction in our society?
2. Read the article and asnwer the following questions:
a) What is the gist?
b) Do you feel identified with the writer’s opinion?
c) Does the same happen in your country?
d) What can be done to change this situation?
e) Do you feel the pressure of the biological clock?
3. Give a definition for each of the following expressions: