08 Apr “If” by Rudyard Kipling
Posted at 06:56h in English Class Resources>English Grammar (intermediate, upper-intermediate and advanced) 0 Comments
1) Who is the autor writing this poem to? Why?
2) What is the poem about? What´s the gist (central idea)?
3) All of the verses in the poem start with “If”. What is the name of this grammatical structure that is repeated throughout the poem?
4) What is the purpose behind the use of repetition as a literary device?
5) Would it be posible to include other conditional types? Give examples.
6) “Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it and- which is more- you’ll be a Man my son”. This is the main clause. Could you create a different main clause?