A) What do you know about the language acquisition process? When does it start?
B) Read the article published in the New York Times and answer the following questions:
- Why does Dr. Cutler advise readers to talk to their babies?
- What differences are there between earlier research and these new findings?
- What implications do you think this will have in our society?
- Explain the meaning of the following words: tease out- rigged pacifier – wrapped around
C) Questions for discussion:
- When should we start teaching our children a foreign language?
- Has your society’s opinion about foreign language learning changed? Are people giving more/less importance to it? Why?
- Is the foreign language acquisition process similar to the first language one?
- Should we learn languages to pass exams? Is that type of learning effective?
- What’s the best language learning methodology?
- What roles should teachers and students have in a language class?