Pull ya head in (upper-intermediate and above)
- Watch the short film ‘What I See’ (on youtube) and answer the following questions:
– What is the film about?
– Can you summarise the plot?
– Did you find it interesting? Why/why not?
– What called your attention?
– Where is the film from? Can you recognise the accent?
– What does the title mean?
– What view does the child have of his parents?
– Can you compare it with any other short film/film you’ve seen on the same topic?
- CLASS DISCUSSION. Choose three questions to ask your partner and three questions that you’d like to answer:
– What’s the situation regarding this issue in Spain? And the rest of Europe?
– What are the main causes? Why is this happening right now? Did it happen in the past, too?
– What are the possible solutions? Can this change?
– What measures are being taken to solve this problem? Are they enough?
– Can you name any real case of gender violence?
– Is this the most serious problem that our society is facing at this moment? Are there more important problems?
– What can women do to protect themselves from this violence or prevent it?
– Why are most women afraid of reporting these cases?
- Imagine a different ending for this short film and get ready to share it with the rest of the class.
- What other forms of violence can you name? Give examples. Check your list here:
Have we become a violent society? Why/why not?
Watch this TEDtalk.
– Summarise the main points Jackson Katz makes.
– Give your opinion about it (and account for it).