06 May The lion and the mouse (upper-intermediate and above)
A) Read the story of the lion and the mouse and answer the following questions:
- What is it about? Can you summarise it?
- Why can this fable be called a “teaching story”?
- Do you know any similar story?
- What examples of equality (or inequality) can you find in the world?
1- Summarise the articles.
2- Express your opinion about them.
3- Compare the two articles. Do they refer to different issues or the same ones? Why?
4- Have there been similar cases in your country?
- How often does the good guy win?
- What do you think about the justice system where you live?
- Is justice blind as it is said?
- Have you ever been to court? Would you like to?
- Would you ever consider becoming a lawyer?
- Would you like to be a judge? Do you think his job is a difficult/easy one?
- Why do you think some prisoners study law when they spend time in prison?
- Why are most politicians lawyers in some countries?
- How can the justice system be improved?
- Are prisons effective as a form of correction? What type of prisons make ideal prisons? Should people be kept in prisons?